Jahmale Medical Solutions uses the Planmed Clarity 2-Dimensional digital mammography system for mammogram imaging. A mammogram is an x-ray examination of the breasts to detect and diagnose breast cancer and any other abnormalities. Mammography is the most effective imaging modality for detecting breast cancer at an early stage. Patients are advised to bring along previous images and reports for comparison if available.
- Screening Mammography: As a preventive measure for symptomless women aged 40 and above, two views of each breast are taken and assessed by a Jahmale Specialist for any abnormalities. This procedure is recommended annually for women above 40 years old.
- Diagnostic Mammography: Basic views with/without additional views of the breast to further evaluate an abnormality found during screening. This can also be used for women and men who have breast complaints such as a breast mass, nipple discharge, breast pain, or skin irritation. If any abnormality in confirmed screening, patients are referred to one of our partner referral hospitals within Liberia and the West African Region. Please contact us for further details.
Jahmale Medical Solutions Radiology Department offers a comfortable imaging environment to meet the needs of our clients. Our modern instruments offer high diagnostic quality ensuring we give our patients excellent results. With highly professional and well-trained staff, Jahmale is capable of recommending the right procedure tailored to the patient’s referring pathological needs. All imaging orders come with a written report from our board-certified radiologist. A film of the images taken is available immediately upon completion of the procedure(s).
The Radiology Department serves our in-house clinic as well as other clinics and hospitals around Liberia. A doctor’s request is needed for all imaging procedures. See the following documents: Imaging Test Catalog, Imaging Request Form.
Please note the following:
- Imaging appointments are encouraged but not mandatory.
- All reports, with the exception of ultrasound and electrocardiogram, will be available within a minimum of 48 hours. Ultrasound reports are available within one hour and electrocardiogram reports are available within twenty minutes.
- CD of images taken is available upon request.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment. Walk-in patients are also accepted.